Wednesday, February 20, 2008

thing #10

My technology in the library has been difficult this year as I have had to learn how to use a MAC and the MAC is winning the battle:) I can not figure out the new termnology. i have been on the internet for about an hour trying to figure out what the "finder" key is and i think it is some kind of menu or tool bar. How do I get to the finder i have no idea but I am working on it. How do you empty the trash bin on a MAC? have no idea, how do i find the toolbar on Word? have no idea but hope to figure it out. This reminds me of learning how to drive a "stick" after you have been drivig an automatic for years but you do eventually figure it out. I will add pictures once I figure out how to do it. technology is NOT for the faint of heart:)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Have heart, Maddie, MACs are pretty easy once you get used to them. Try the online tutorials available through the SVVSD website. It's really helpful and pretty easy to use. Good luck! Kim

clerks a rockin said...

Maddie, hang in there. We are in it together which makes it a lot more fun. I love your photo with hubby.

Lu said...

I feel that you are doing a wonderful job. Just remember that have only been on the job for five months. It is so brave of you to be jumping into Professional Development classes so quickly.
It is a pleasure to know you!